5 Use Cases for SharePoint Process Digitization
Dive into five SharePoint Process Digitization use cases that will streamline your business operations. We give real life examples and show you what's possible with SharePoint.
Running a business involves juggling a lot of tasks and processes. SharePoint can make life easier by changing paper-based, manual tasks into digital ones. In this article, we’ll look at five easy use cases for SharePoint Process Digitization to make your business run more smoothly.
Use Case 1: Make Employee Onboarding a Breeze
Onboarding new employees usually involves a mountain of paperwork and numerous training sessions. SharePoint can significantly ease this process, providing a structured, user-friendly environment for newcomers.
It offers a centralized platform where new hires can find all the information, documents, and training materials they need. Automated workflows guide them through every step, reducing the risk of mistakes and ensuring that no task is overlooked.
- Fast Adaptation: With structured guidance, new hires can quickly adapt to the company environment and culture.
- Time Efficiency: HR can focus more on personal interactions, as SharePoint reduces the time spent on administrative tasks.
Useful SharePoint Features:
- Automated Guides: These help newcomers navigate through the necessary steps
- Document Storage: A centralized place for all the required personal documents (e. g. Contracts, insurance documents, tax declarations, ...) and training materials.
- Task Lists: Clear, structured to-do lists for all people involved in the onboarding process make it easy to stay on track.
Use Case 2: Optimize Inventory Management
Managing inventory accurately is crucial to avoid overstocks and stockouts. SharePoint offers robust inventory management features that help businesses monitor stock levels, order statuses, and sales data in real-time.
With customizable templates, businesses can create detailed inventory lists, including product images, descriptions, and quantities available. Alerts notify the concerned employees when it’s time to reorder, ensuring that stock levels are always optimal.
- Reduced Stock Discrepancies: Accurate inventory data prevents overstocking and stockouts.
- Enhanced Operational Efficiency: Streamlined inventory processes save time and reduce errors.
Useful SharePoint Features:
- Custom Lists: Create detailed, customizable inventory lists.
- Real-Time Monitoring: Keep an eye on stock levels and order statuses.
- Alerts: Receive notifications (email or Microsoft Teams) for low stock levels and reorder times.
Use Case 3: Use Custom Workflows for Simple and Complex Projects
Managing projects with multiple stages and approval processes can get complicated. SharePoint simplifies this through customizable workflows designed to cater to projects with varying stages of information retrieval, approvals, and evaluations. Teams can create custom forms to gather precise information at each stage, ensuring accurate and thorough data collection.
This structured approach enables efficient progression through different project phases, with automatic routing of tasks and information to the right people at the right time, reducing delays and enhancing project execution. Check out our case studies as examples for different use cases for SharePoint process digitization.
- Smooth Project Progression: Structured, automated stages ensure projects move forward seamlessly without unnecessary delays.
- Accurate Information Collection: Custom forms enable precise data gathering, reducing errors and misunderstandings.
Useful SharePoint Features:
- Customizable Workflows: Create workflows tailored to specific project needs and approval stages.
- Form Templates: Design forms to gather the exact information needed at each stage.
- Automated Routing: Ensure tasks and information reach the right people promptly.
Use Case 4: Organize Files Effectively with Dossiers
When dealing with extensive collections of documents efficient management is crucial. SharePoint ensures that all documents are systematically categorized and tagged, making retrieval quick and straightforward. Security features in SharePoint protect sensitive information, allowing access only to authorized personnel. Whether it's consolidating information about a person, an event, or a subject, SharePoint ensures accuracy and confidentiality.
In the professional world, a dossier refers to a collection of documents, records or detailed information about a person, group of people, or subject. It’s crucial to manage dossiers efficiently to ensure accuracy and maintain confidentiality.
skybow's Solution Studio offers one of the four core features, Dossier Management, which is natively integrated into SharePoint. This integration ensures that all documents within a dossier are systematically categorized, tagged, and secure, making retrieval quick and straightforward. This feature is especially useful when dealing with extensive collections of sensitive information, as it allows access only to authorized personnel, guaranteeing the protection of confidential data.
- Information Accessibility: Efficient categorization and searchability save time in retrieving needed documents.
- Data Security: Sensitive information within dossiers is well-protected against unauthorized access.
- Tags and Categories: Organize documents systematically for easy retrieval.
- Quick Search: Avoid wasting time by quickly finding what you need.
- Privacy Controls: Regulate access to confidential information effectively.
Use Case 5: Build an Archive and Ensure Robust Records Management
![Records Management Image]
Effective records management is fundamental to business compliance and risk management. SharePoint automates the archiving, retrieval, and disposal of records, ensuring legal compliance and organizational accountability. It offers secure spaces to store sensitive and confidential records and advanced search features for swiftly retrieving archived records. With SharePoint, managing records becomes less of a chore and more of a strategic advantage.
- Legal Compliance: Proper records management ensures adherence to legal requirements and industry standards.
- Risk Management: Efficient handling of records contributes to minimized organizational risk.
- Automatic Archiving: Store records effortlessly.
- Secure Spaces: Protect sensitive and confidential records effectively.
- Advanced Search: Retrieve archived records swiftly and accurately.
So, we’ve seen how using SharePoint can seriously simplify and revamp the way businesses operate, handling everything from getting new team members on board to keeping records in tip-top shape. And the best part? All these powerful solutions we’ve talked about can be built without a hassle with skybow – it’s the go-to tool for creating SharePoint workflows with no need to dive into complex coding!
skybow makes it easy to tailor everything to your business’s unique needs, allowing for a smoother and more personalized approach to transforming how you work. It’s all about making things user-friendly and super functional, meaning more people can get involved in shaping how things get done in your organization, leading to innovative and continually improving workflows.
With skybow, your business can maximize the benefits of SharePoint, eliminating errors, safeguarding your data, and promoting a collaborative and knowledgeable working environment. It’s all about providing the solid base your business needs to stand out and succeed.
To wrap it up, combining SharePoint with skybow’s innovative tools offers a simple, effective solution for anyone looking to digitize and optimize their business processes.
You want to create your next SharePoint project faster and easier with low-code?
SharePoint Process Digitization Pros and Cons: Make an Informed Decision
Discover all the relevant SharePoint process digitization pros and cons to be able to make an informed decision for the transformation of your workflows.